For anyone who is wondering what Garabandal is all about, please check it out at http://www.garabandal.com
Wishing one and all a wonderful and blessed day!
If you know me personally or have been following my posts on our blog, you will know that I am quite the fanatic in keeping myself as healthy and as fit as I can, with all kinds of simple routines.
Hence (thankfully, by the grace of God), at the age of 90, I am still as active as can be.
Has anyone heard of the health benefits gained by using a bamboo beater to beat oneself with? No I am not a masochist, but if you ascribe to the oriental viewpoint of how to activate the circulation in your system, you will understand where the basis for this method is coming from.
This being a simple but totally effective way to activate the circulation and the ‘chi’, thereafter, my level of alertness shoots up and I feel great. I can confidently say that it also helps me maintain an upright posture with ease.
I use the beater to beat myself on all parts of my body – starting from the head downwards to the neck – shoulders – back (but not the spine) – torso – arms – palms – buttocks – inner and outer thighs – back and sides of calves – right down to the soles of my feet – several times a day.
The photos above show where and how I beat myself. At each spot shown, I beat about 10 times.
When it comes to the soles of my feet I continue beating up to the count of 100 on each foot. This works wonders for me and I do believe it contributes towards my ability to walk fast!
As to how often use the beater to beat myself… well, let us just say, at all times of day, whenever I have a few minutes free. If I have been seated for a while, out comes the beater to beat my palms and the soles of my feet.
I beat my husband up too!!! (LOL) To be specific, I use the beater to beat the soles of his feet every day and night, and the back of his shoulders. It helps his circulation and relaxes the shoulder muscles after spending hours at the computer desk.
The bamboo beater that I use, as shown in the image above, is purchased at the local markets. Apparently these are made in China. They are pretty light but effective.
If one cannot find the beater, then the alternative would be to use the palm of the hand to beat oneself. That will be discussed in another chapter…
I totally believe in this beating technique, and it suits me very well. However, if in doubt it is best to check with your physician first before trying it out. The important thing is to remember NOT to beat the spine.
As I always say, all my keep fit routines are deceptively simple and easy to follow. The only thing is to remember that any keep fit routine needs to be practised regularly and consistently.
I am an avid reader of keep fit techniques – from Acupressure to finger Mudras and anything else in between – as long as there is some knowledge to be gained in helping to keep oneself healthy, I will read it in-depth.
In order to remember all that I have read up on, I do what comes naturally – that is, to illustrate the details that I would like to remember for myself, as easy reference at a glance.
When friends come up with problems, I will dive into my reference books and research on what they could do to try to help themselves (as I do for myself) – and the best way to share with them the details – is of course, to draw them out so they understand what is to be done and precisely where..!
Some friends are amused by my drawings, but apart from enjoying the artistic side of it, it is to me, the easiest way to ‘show and tell’.
My drawings are found in all the books and reference material that I get my hands on. Here, I share some of my illustrations that I have done for friends. Suzanne’s Daily Art, if you would like to call it.
Art brings me such joy and I am grateful for the ability to express myself creatively in every way. Amen.
More so today than ever before, we need Peace in every aspect of our lives and in the world.
As the quote (from this link – please click here) above says, the world will be a better place if everyone starts with themselves and spreads the ripples of Peace far and wide.
While there are many prayers for Peace, this one below is for Peace of Mind:
A Prayer for Peace of Mind
Almighty God, We bless you for our lives, we give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace we receive.
We thank you for your faithfulness even though we are not that faithful to you. Lord Jesus, we ask you to give us all around peace in our mind, body, soul and spirit.
We want you to heal and remove everything that is causing stress, grief, and sorrow in our lives.
Please guide our path through life and make our enemies be at peace with us. Let your peace reign in our family, at our place of work, businesses and everything we lay our hands on.
Let your angels of peace go ahead of us when we go out and stay by our side when we return.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We thank the Lord for everything we have and wish everyone a blessed week ahead. (Don’t forget to spread the Peace…!)
A few months ago, we were nominated for the LIEBSTER AWARD by McCrazy Daily Lessons! Thank you so much, Heather (Princess!) It was a very pleasant surprise and we are truly excited about being nominated for this award.
So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Of course, accepting this nomination comes with some “rules”, and here they are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
Here are the 11 we had to answer:
1. Where are you currently living? – in Malaysia
2. Where are you from? – we are 3rd generation Malaysian Chinese
3. Where would you like to be? – we love where we are
4. Hopes? – we hope for Peace in the world
5. Dreams? – at our age, many of our dreams have been achieved, but we always have a new one to look forward to – it would be nice to be able to meet the new Pope Francis in person.
6. Fears? – we believe the good Lord is looking after us and feel safe in this knowledge.
7. Do you like to travel? – yes of course.
8. Favorite Sport? – my wife loves to watch F1 while I enjoy tennis, badminton and football matches.
9. Favorite Movie? – Action-packed movies
10. Country music or Rock and Roll? - Jazz
11. Who is your number ONE? – GOD
Eleven Random Facts:
1. We love tea-time.
2. Suzanne enjoys Japanese cuisine but I prefer local Malaysian fare.
3. Our family and friends are all important, but #1 is our faith in God.
4. Suzanne loves watching Chinese soap operas on tv.
5. At 91, I am probably the ‘most mature’ computer enthusiast in town.
6. Mary loves to cook and she is truly good at it!
7. Suzanne is never idle and keeps busy with creative projects.
8. Suzanne is a keep fit enthusiast.
9. We love dogs.
10. We are always thankful for daily blessings.
11. We believe in learning something new every day.
And the nominees are:
Eleven questions my nominees MUST answer if/when they accept this award:
1. What is your zodiac sign?
2. What is your favourite hobby?
3. What is your favourite type of cuisine?
4. What nationality are you?
5. Do you enjoy any sport?
6. Favourite movie?
7. What kind of music do you enjoy?
8. Where in the world would you like to visit next?
9. What languages do you speak?
10.What is your dream car?
11. Who is your ‘hero’?
Thank You once again, McCrazy Daily Lessons!!
The APRIL – JUNE issue of Garabandal International Magazine is available for online reading – please click here.
This issue’s contents are as follows:
Cover Story: Canonisations of Blessed Pope John XXIII & Blessed Pope John Paul II
A Predilection for Priests
The Papacy Unites the Catholic Church
The Beautiful Hands of a Priest
The Beauty of the Catholic Priesthood
Wake-up Call Changes Priest
Unknown, Courageous Priest
The Holy Father’s Prayer Intentions for 2014
Invitation: Tears from Heaven
For those who have not heard of Garabandal, you might like to find out more at www.garabandal.com
Hello there, it has been a long while since I last shared my keep fit tips online. As you know, I keep exercising on a daily basis to keep fit. One of the routines is to stretch my muscles.
As they say, if you don’t use the muscles, they will go to waste, so I make sure I stretch daily – as it is a simple but very necessary activity.
I find that stretching with a resistance band like the one in the photos, helps to deepen the stretch, which in turn, gives the muscles a better ‘strengthening work out’. The photos above were taken in 2012, when I was 88, and I am still at it, at the age of 90. Praise the Lord!
But as in all cases, please know that I have been exercising and stretching for many years, and I know how my body adjusts to the different routines I have.
The smart thing to do is to know when to exercise caution. If in doubt, please consult your dr in advance for advice.
Wishing everyone a blessed week ahead!